Making luck for others through acts of kindness
You've heard of luck of the Irish, but how about making some good luck for others by spreading kind acts around? Here are ideas to get you started:
- Open the door for someone.
- Give a compliment.
- Send someone a card.
- Take the time to listen to someone who needs to talk.
- Be pleasant and helpful to others even when you're feeling impatient or irritable.
- If someone asks for directions, show them the way if possible rather than just telling them.
- Bring a treat to someone who is ill.
- Send someone flowers to cheer him or her up.
- Bake someone a cake on his or her birthday.
- Babysit for a busy mom.
- Pick up litter that you run across.
- Shovel snow or rake leaves for someone who is elderly.
These are just a few things that you can do to make someone's day brighter. For more ideas, visit http://www.spreadkindness.org/.
"Spread love everywhere you go: First of all in your own house...
let no one ever come to you without leaving better and happier.
Be the living expression of God's kindness; kindness in your face, kindness in your eyes,
kindness in your smile, kindness." — Mother Teresa of Calcutta
Return to Front Page